- Authority of the Pool Manager
- Operating Schedule
- Admission to the Pool Area
- Use of the Pool
- Use of Diving Boards
- Use of Tetherball Pit
- Parking Facilities
The following rules are established to protect the health and promote the safety of Swimming Gild of Arden, Inc. [Swim Club] members and guests, to ensure their enjoyment of the Swim Club’s facilities, to provide for orderly operation of the Swim Club, and to enhance the standing of the Swim Club in the community. Compliance with these rules is, therefore, the responsibility of Swim Club members for themselves, their families, and their guests. While the Swim Club’s mission is to provide a fun, relaxed and family-friendly atmosphere, our first concern is the safety of our members, especially our children, and parental cooperation and supervision is essential to this purpose. It is critical, therefore, that all parents instruct their children to observe all rules and to obey the Pool Manager and staff. Serious and repeated infractions of the Swim Club’s rules may be cause for disciplinary action by the Pool Manager and/or the Board of Directors, and can be considered sufficient cause for cancellation of membership and forfeiture of dues. All members are expected to know the rules, and to cooperate with the Pool Manager and staff in the performance of their duties.
II. Authority of the Pool Manager
During the periods of pool operation, the Pool Manager or Assistant Manager (or, in such manager’s absence, an “acting” Pool Manager) shall have complete authority over the pool and surrounding Swim Club property. All persons on the premises, including Swim Club members, their families, guests, and Swim Club employees shall be subject to the Pool Manager’s interpretation of these rules.
III. Operating Schedule
The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Reduced hours will be in effect while the Brandywine School District is in session and after August 1st. Hours for these days will be posted at the pool. In general, the pool will be open to members and guests weekdays from 12:00 to 9:00 p.m., and weekends from 12:00 to 9:00 p.m. (depending on swim team home meet schedule), so long as the weather is permitting. If possible, signs will be posted in advance to notify members of any adjustments in operating hours. In the case of inclement weather, the Swim Club’s phone greeting will be updated to reflect the status of the pool. The Pool Manager or Assistant Manager has the authority to close the pool at any time for reasons of health, safety, maintenance or hazardous weather.
IV. Admission to the Pool Area
- Admission to the pool area during hours established for general usage will be on the following basis to members in good standing and their guests:
- Swim Club members and members of their immediate family shall sign in at the entrance to the pool prior to entering the pool area.
- Guests must be accompanied by a Swim Club member. Guests shall enter their names in the guest register, along with the name of the sponsoring Swim Club member, and shall pay applicable daily guest fees. There is a limit of six times a season that a local individual may be sponsored as a guest.
- Day Pass Holders – Anyone who purchases a day pass. Day pass holders shall register at the entrance to the pool prior to entering the pool area. No one under 17 will be admitted without an adult 18 years and older.
- Associate Member – An associate member is a dependent or other person associated with the household of an active member. An associate membership may include a designated day care provider, a child in care-for-hire of an adult member, grandparents and out of town house visitors. Associate members shall register their names upon entering the pool area.
- Special conditions for guests not clearly defined in the above shall be referred to the Board of Directors for decision.
- Children of members unaccompanied by an adult will be admitted to the pool area as follows:
- Children who are 6 and under MUST be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (18 year of age and older) at all times.
- Children who are 7 to 9 years of age or less must be accompanied and supervised by someone who is at least 13 years of age.
- Children who are 10 through 12 years of age may be admitted to the pool area without an adult provided the parents have indicated their consent by signing the Swim Gild Consent Form, and only after such child has been “passed off” by the Pool Manager or lifeguard on duty as being able to swim at least one length of the pool and to tread water for at least 90 seconds.
- If a pool closing occurs while a child is at the pool unaccompanied, parents must be available or have made arrangement to have their child picked up by a responsible adult. Neither the Arden Club nor the Swim Gild can be responsible for any child left outside the pool facilities once it has closed.
- If any child who is unaccompanied by an adult is asked to leave the pool more than three times during the course of the summer for disciplinary reasons, that child will not be permitted entry to the pool area without a supervising adult.
- Any guest of a member who is under 16 years of age must have written permission of the adult membership holder to be signed in at the pool and will be subject to the aforementioned “passed off” tests.
- When the pool is closed, only authorized persons on specific business will be permitted in the pool area.
- Members, guests or day pass holders showing evidence of skin diseases, open sores, infectious eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges or any other communicable disease or condition will not be permitted in the pool.
- Members, guests or day pass holders suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted in the pool area.
- ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS, INCLUDING CHILDREN, USING THE CLUB FACILITIES DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK. THE SWIM CLUB WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT, INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH USE.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted for consumption on Swim Club property only during adult events sponsored by The Arden Club or the Swim Gild or during private rentals after regular pool hours.
- All injuries, no matter how minor, should be reported immediately to the Manager or staff.
- Absolutely no foul or abusive language, swearing, fighting, or threatening or obscene gestures on Swim Club premises. The Pool Manager or their designate is authorized to take appropriate action that may include contacting local authorities in response to activities that threaten the health, safety and comfort of our members and guests.
- Expectoration, roughness, rowdiness or other conduct affecting the safety or comfort of others shall not be permitted.
- Smoking is permitted in the designated area only; all cigarette butts must be extinguished and disposed of properly.
- No glass containers will be allowed on Swim Club premises.
- All trash and recyclables should be placed in designated receptacles.
- Children under 16 should relinquish chaise lounges to adults.
- The cost of any property damage will be charged to the responsible member or day pass holder. The Swim Club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area at any time.
- No bikes or skateboards in the pool area at any time.
VI. Use of the Pool
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS AND SAFETY OF THEIR MINOR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES. While the staff is tasked with ensuring the safety of all swimmers, each parent must realistically evaluate the skill and experience level of their child and supervise accordingly.
- The pool may be used only when it is properly staffed with a Manager or designated Manager and the appropriate number of lifeguards.
- Always obey the lifeguards and Pool Manager – his/her decision is FINAL!
- Running on the deck of the pool is not permitted.
- Always shower before entering the pool.
- Always use restrooms!
- The lifeguard chairs are to be occupied only by the lifeguards on duty.
- Please enjoy your food, gum, beverages or smoking on the lawns or in the picnic areas – absolutely no food, drink, or gum in the pool.
- Any act which in the opinion of a staff member constitutes a hazard or danger to other swimmers shall not be permitted. This includes:
- Dunking, pushing or pulling people into the pool
- Hitting other swimmers
- Standing on rafts or tubes
- Water guns IN the pool (may be used on lawn or surrounding area)
- Hard balls (e.g. tennis balls, racquetball balls) IN the pool
- Rafts and tubes are permitted at designated times only
- Keep all rafts and tubes away from edge of pool during designated times.
- No children over the age of 6 in the baby pool.
- No child in the baby pool may be left unattended or unsupervised at any time. A supervising parent or responsible adult must be in or on the edge of the baby pool at all times.
- All diaper-age (not toilet trained) children in baby pool or large pool must wear swim diapers at all times.
- If child is unable to swim without the aid of water wings or life vest, an adult must be in the water and within arms’ reach of the child at all times.
- The Swim Club has established the following guidelines for disciplinary purposes:
- First offense: verbal warning by the staff
- Second offense: benching by staff member for ten minutes
- Third offense: pool privileges suspended for rest of the day (designated by hand stamp or bracelet), with written notation in file
VII. Use of Diving Boards
- Children must be able to swim one length of the pool and tread water for 90 seconds to use diving boards (no “catching” by parents).
- One person on the board at a time.
- Do not jump until the person in front of you has reached the ladder.
- Take only one bounce on the board.
- Jump straight off the front of the board and swim immediately to the closest ladder (not across the deep end).
- No more than 2 divers in the diving well at any one time.
- Children who have not passed the swim test may use the diving board IF accompanied by an adult who is waiting by the nearest ladder on the side of the pool.
- No swimming or playing gator in diving well unless diving has stopped.
- No “gainers” “reverses” “inwards” or “cut-away” dives on either of the diving boards.
- No diving to the side on an angle.
- No clowning or delay on the board.
- No diving during adult swim.
- The boards may not be used for gymnastic or dangerous activity.
VIII. Use of Tetherball Pit
- Please be considerate and allow other players to join your game.
- Always rinse your feet or shower before entering the pool deck area after leaving the tetherball pit.
- No throwing sand.
IX. Parking Facilities
- The parking area is the Arden Club property.
- The Swim Gild staff and employees are not responsible for activities outside of the pool area.
- Please park in designated areas
- No loitering in the parking area
- DO NOT leave valuables in vehicles.
- Please drive slowly and cautiously in all parking areas.
For more information please call the Swim Gild at (302) 529-1346
The pool Board of Directors reserves the right to revise the rules as needed. Changes will be posted on the bulletin board and sent via the internet to those members who have provided the pool with an active e-mail address.